We have a couple of great patients that got to get their braces off! Congratulations Brayden and Kaitlyn! I hope you guys enjoy your new smile!!:D
Natayla finished with Phase 1 of braces!! Yay congratulations!!(:
Then we have Evy and Edda just getting started!! We are excited to be on this journey with you two!!
This past weekend we spent some time at Relay for life!
Here at Smiling Springs Orthodontics we love to share our smile with others and we don't only accomplish this by giving you the smile that you desire but through fun contest's. We host these contest monthly via Facebook to engage with our patients and here are a few of our winners this year! Feel free to come "Like" our Facebook to join in the fun! (https://www.facebook.com/SmilingSprings/)
It's extremely important to keep your teeth clean while in braces. Not only does it keep your teeth healthy and white but healthy teeth move faster! Brackets and wires have a lot of tiny spaces where food particles and plaque can get trapped. Therefore you must take extra care to avoid enamel staining, decalcification, and tooth decay around brackets. Be sure to visit your dental hygienist every six months, and follow the guidelines below to keep your teeth clean and healthy throughout orthodontic treatment.
- Make sure if you have elastics in to remove those first.
- You should floss twice a day; after lunch/school and before bed. Proper flossing removes plaque and food particles under the gumline and between your teeth. Flossing reach places your toothbrush can't! Take oral-b superfloss or floss threaders and gently slide the floss between every tooth up under your gumline.
- You should brush three times a day, spending around 2-3 minutes each time. Brush once in the morning, after lunch/school, and right before bed. Hold your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle and brush gently above each bracket massaging your gums, making sure to move in circular motion. Bring your toothbrush on the front of your teeth and again brush around the bracket in circular motion. Then hold your toothbrush with bristles facing up getting under your wire! make sure you brush all surfaces or your teeth as well as your tongue!
- Rinse with water or mouthwash and check to make sure you removed all plaque and food particles! Please contact us if you notice any broken brackets or wires!
- Consider getting a Waterpik or a Oral-b orthodontic electric toothbrush!
If you have any questions about proper brushing or flossing please feel free to contact us at 719-487-9303!
At Smiling Springs Orthodontics, we don't only want to give you the beautiful straight smile you desire. We correct the alignment of your teeth and jaws so that you can speak clearly and chew food effectively. We are also committed improving your oral health and over-all well being. Dr. Horne and our team strive to serve our patients by educating them about their treatments every step of the way, as well as making them feel as comfortable as possible during their initial consultations up until the day they complete their treatments.
Giving our patients the knowledge to be more comfortable with taking care of their braces in between visits increases the likelihood that they will complete their treatments successfully. We want you to know that if you should ever have any questions about your orthodontic treatment, whether it’s during your adjustment appointment or after hours, we are always here for you and your family.
Please do not hesitate to give us a call at our office or ask us any questions you may have on our Facebook page! We can’t wait to hear from you!